Our library is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, and closed on school and public holidays.
Our Garden Library is a busy, vibrant space that encourages reading at all levels. We do this by building a collection of popular books that students want to read and that support their learning. Chatsworth subscribes to resource for a comprehensive collection of online websites and databases that can assist your child's learning outside the classroom and the bookshelves.
The school library serves many functions including but not limited to:
- instruction in research methods for units of inquiry
- fostering a love of reading and instilling good reading habits
- assisting classroom teachers in locating books for units of inquiry
- exposing students to literacy through traditional means as well as modern technologies
- assisting classroom literacy instruction
At Chatsworth, early years and junior years student has one timetabled session each week where book borrowing and/or short information literacy or reading development lessons take place. All Chatsworth students and teachers are automatically issued with book borrowing privileges. Parents wanting to borrow library books need to register with the librarian.