Scholarship for IB Diploma Programme
The scholarship programme at Chatsworth International School was first inaugurated in the academic year 2007-08 and since then nearly 60 diploma scholarships have been awarded. At Chatsworth, scholarship students are recognised for not only their exceptional academic performance but also for their contributions to the wider Chatsworth community.
In each academic year, there are a limited number of scholarships available for internal students as well as external applicants, on a merit basis. The full scholarship is valued at a total of approximately S$72K (based on a 2-year IB Diploma Programme) and will pay for 100% of a student’s school fees and provide the student with a new Macbook laptop. Full scholarships are available to both internal and external candidates. The partial scholarship is available only to current Chatsworth students and will cover 25% of the school fees.
Chatsworth offered an encouraging learning environment, provided me with exposure and gave me lifelong friends! IB is challenging, but you realize your true potential during this time. The skill-set that I gained during IB has been very useful and has helped me at university.
- Anjali Goyal, Chatsworth Scholarship holder from Class of 2015
Academic performance will be the primary determinant for awarding scholarships, with community involvement and co-curricular performance also taken into account. Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent academic results across a range of subjects; a consolidated score of 6 all subjects in Year 11 (MYP5) or scored B/A/A* in all subjects in IGCSE or equivalent scores from any other curriculum (applicable to external candidates).
- A minimum score of 3 for ATLs across all subjects (or excellent teacher recommendations to support the ATL skills for external students).
- Meeting minimum MAP test scores in Reading and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to take standardised aptitude tests.
- Contributions to school life through sport, artistic endeavour, community service, school spirit and leadership.
For Internal Students
- Being in excellent standing in the Chatsworth community.
- The highest academic achiever in Year 11 in Chatsworth will be awarded a full scholarship for the IB DP1, subject to meeting the requirements.
- Scholarship holders are expected to achieve 36 points in the first and second semester examinations in Year 12 (IBDP1) to be eligible for the continuation of the scholarship in the second year of the IB Diploma Programme (38 for the full scholarship award).
For External Students
- The scholarship is open to Year 11 (Grade 10) students outside Chatsworth by application.
- Scholarship holders are expected to achieve 38 points in the first and second semester examinations in Year 12 (IBDP1) to be eligible for the continuation of the scholarship in the second year of the IB Diploma Programme.
- The scholarship cannot be held concurrently with any other award or scholarship without the prior written approval of Chatsworth.
- Full scholarship holders are expected to achieve 38 points, and partial scholarship holders are expected to achieve 36 points in Semester 2 examinations in Year 12 (IBDP 1) to be eligible for the continuation of the scholarship in the second year of the IB Diploma Programme.
- Year 12 scholarship holders who wish to continue the scholarship in Year 13 are required to indicate their intention to continue with the scholarship when submitting their Continuation Form.
- For scholarship holders who have completed Year 12 but are not eligible for the continuation of the scholarship for Year 13, no repayment of Year 12 school fees is required, but the laptop must be returned.
- Should the scholarship holder leave Chatsworth before successful completion of the
- programme, the full school fees must be repaid to the school and the laptop returned.
- Decisions made by the Scholarship Committee are final, and we are unable to entertain specific questions with regards to the rationale of decisions made.
- The Board of Management reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the Scholarship without prior notice.
For Internal Students
- All Year 11 students may apply or express their interest in writing to the Head of Secondary by the end of January.
- Submit a one-page formal Letter of Application, expressing why they deserve the scholarship and any supporting documents in a sealed envelope (addressed to the Head of Secondary.
For External Students
- Enquiries regarding scholarship information and application will be through our Admissions department, email: email@example.com
- To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form.
- A one-page essay by the student expressing why he/she believes that he/she deserves a Chatsworth Scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation from the student’s current teachers or administrators.
- An official transcript for the student’s past 2 years of study.
- Applications must be submitted by15th May for the next academic year.